- Salary: Up to $24/hour depending on experience.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: 7660 Quattro Dr, Chanhassen, MN 553173
Indigo Signs is a custom sign company and has a great opportunity available for Fabricators. The primary responsibility for this position is to operate fabricating machines such as cutoff saws, shears, and brakes that cut, shape, and bend metal sheets and structures to manufacture signs.
This position is responsible for completing all assigned tasks with varying levels of supervision and management. The safe and effective fabrication of the company's products and services and adhering to production schedules as well as quality standards.
Essential Job Functions:
- Position, align, fit and weld parts to form complete product in assigned areas, following group blueprints and layout specifications.
- Study blueprints, shop drawings, work orders, and bill of materials to determine material requirements and task sequences.
- Verify conformance of materials to specifications using squares, rulers, and measuring tapes.
- Align and fit parts per specifications, locate and mark workpiece bending and cutting lines allowing for thickness, machine, and welding shrinkage and other parts specifications.
- Move workpieces into position, manually, with forklifts or overhead cranes.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, grinders, and drill presses to bend, cut, form, punch, drill, or otherwise form and assemble metal parts.
- Cleans and prepares surfaces to be welded ensuring that there is no loose or thick scale, slag, rust, moisture, grease, or other foreign matter.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind, or bolt parts to obtain required configurations to weld parts in flat, vertical, or overhead positions using MIG welding equipment.
- Monitor the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking distortion, or expansion of the material.
- Examines completed workpieces for the defects to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Acts as a crane operator and understands safety protocols associated with crane operation.
- Layout and fabrication of channel letters and logos including letter backs, plastic faces, and returns of any degree of difficulty from sheet metal, prefinished aluminum, or aluminum of any gauge.
- Installation of LED modules, power supplies, connectors, mounting holes in letters, fabrication of raceway as needed.
- Installation of wiring of channel letters on raceway.
- Maintain inventory at optimal levels.
- Route aluminum sheets and grind burs.
- Keep daily records.
- Maintains all shop fabrication equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong ability to interact in cross-function teams.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Experience and steel fabrication/welding.
- Capable of mentoring entry-level fabricators a plus.
- Experience with metal sign making or construction experience.
- Knowledge of various welding techniques.
- Knowledge of industry-standard wiring and electrical techniques.
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance